M14 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome from Shelby Township. 2 great ranges nearby. Bald Mountain out to 100 yards and Ortonville out to 200 yards. Feel free to private message me if you would like to shoot. My friend and I go to Bald Mountain frequently. I go to Ortonville occasionally. ALWAYS ready to shoot USN5 Unless there’s an F1 race on!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome from Shelby Township. 2 great ranges nearby. Bald Mountain out to 100 yards and Ortonville out to 200 yards. Feel free to private message me if you would like to shoot. My friend and I go to Bald Mountain frequently. I go to Ortonville occasionally. ALWAYS ready to shoot USN5 Unless there’s an F1 race on!!!!!!!!
How do you like the Ortonville range? I haven't been there since they remodeled and added the 200 yd range. A bit of a drive for me, but I want to shoot the 200 yd line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
How do you like the Ortonville range? I haven't been there since they remodeled and added the 200 yd range. A bit of a drive for me, but I want to shoot the 200 yd line.
I live about 15 minutes from the Ortonville range. I like it a lot, very well run and hard to beat the price at $4 per day. I try to shoot there at least 2-3 times per month weather permitting.

Saw an incident there where a presumably autistic boy about 12 or 13 years old had an absolute meltdown when the rifles started going off. The Range Officers could not possibly have handled it in a more professional, sensitive manner. By the time they got done talking to him, he was shooting his .22 rifle on the 50 yd. range and doing pretty well.

That 200 yd. range is probably the biggest reason I'm looking at scopes for my M1A. Hate to have something like that so close by and not try to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I shoot at Ortonville frequently in warmer weather, as it's only a 15 minute drive from home. I haven't been to Bald Mountain yet, but I'm hoping to get there soon for one of their steel silhouette pistol nights.

Check your PM.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts