M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am new here. Live in the Midwest. New to the M1A and M14 rifles. In fact I am trying to decide which model M1A to get.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looking at all the pictures on this forum and reading posts may help you decide what you are looking for. No matter what you end up with, you will be happy.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. Your quandary as to which rifle to get is an interesting one. I think the best way to work it out is to decide what uses you will be putting the rifle through. The shorter lengths are great is you are going to be using it in the field or want it to be a SHTF weapon. If range work is your direction then perhaps the 22" versions will best suit your needs. Once you figure this part out the decision gets easier. Of course, you could be like so many of us and end up with a variety of them This can become an addiction so be ready.YIKES1

Reactions: sarge1967

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. Your quandary as to which rifle to get is an interesting one. I think the best way to work it out is to decide what uses you will be putting the rifle through. The shorter lengths are great is you are going to be using it in the field or want it to be a SHTF weapon. If range work is your direction then perhaps the 22" versions will best suit your needs. Once you figure this part out the decision gets easier. Of course, you could be like so many of us and end up with a variety of them This can become an addiction so be ready.YIKES1
LOL Yea well my wife will kill me if it becomes and addiction.

When it comes to CQB rifles I think I am in good shape. I have a S&W M&P M4 and a Mini 14 Tactical. (The Mini is what got me looking at an M1A in the first place)

I am looking at the Springfield M1A Loaded and Standard models. Trying to decide weather I want a Poly stock or a Walnut stock.

Any of my weapons will be a SHTF weapon. I feel the ones I have fit certain needs.

M&P M4, Lightweight short CQB
Mini 14, Not a ASSAULT RIFLE looking weapon more grey man
Remington 870 Express tactical, Good for close encounters and can put a longer barrel on it for hunting
Glock 23, My pistol
Walther PPQ 9MM wife's pistol

Now just looking for a longer range higher power rifle hence the M1A

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.