M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, proud owner of a new Springfield M1A here. I've been dreaming of this moment for some time now. I really wanted an actual M1A but I was beginning to think time was running out. So I broke down and purchased the nearest thing, a NY compliant version. It's a good thing they removed that menacing looking flash suppressor.
Any way. I can't wait to get down to the range. Also very proud to be a part of this community. Looking forward to learning as much as I can.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,124 Posts
You made the right decision in registering here this morning and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often NY Compliant.

DI5

Reactions: NY Compliant

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Welcome!
Before you head out to Calverton look at Tony Ban's Videos if you have not do so already.
With the Rifle cleaned and greased you will be ready for a good time!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Welcome from a former Suffolk county resident!

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I'm very interested in how the compliant rifle shoots and looks. Please give a range report and post pics.
They renamed them so they would not draw attention......I'm sorry I had to GI3

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
welcome from the So CA Desert

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
WELCOME NY/C. Also from L.I. Brooklyn then Roslyn for high school years. Still have family there, my Brother in Miller Place with the rest in Ronkonkoma and still Brooklyn and N.J. Father and Uncles buried at Calverton National. Don't even know if the range is still operating there as last time I took the kids for pictures of the F-14 past Rocky Point all I saw was a heard of very healthy deer looked like about 50 of them.

And like guys said be sure to watch all of TonyBen's videos, reference here all of it. All Gold. Tony's got a real talent. Even I was able to understand them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome from a former inhabitant of Hampton Bays. I grew up bugging my dad to take us to Calverton.

Glad you were able to latch on to an M1a. Does the NY-compliant version use the same brake as the Scout Squad or do they completely remove all threads? The Scout Squad break is actually pretty decent.

Jeff. OldSchool762

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.