M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently purchased a Enterprise arms m14 with GI parts . Hear bad things about this receiver . what are some of them. thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
Have never heard of them, but I'm sure someone here will give you the straight dope soon. Meanwhile, look around the forums and learn all you can about the platform in general.
Get to the range and give us a report (don't forget the picturesFRG1).
Welcome and have fun!

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, acroed, I think you will want to visit the "Firing Line" forum as that is the place to ask and discover. GI2 I'm sure you will enjoy all of the forums and being here with us too. Have fun.

-

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. You will find that there is a wealth of information here in years of threads. If you cannot find it here, just ask. Your receiver question would best be researched in the Firing Line section. I don't know the receiver but, there are many here with all the history on it you want. Have a good time.

·
Administrator
18,139 Posts
Research, still the only game in town......

Welcome on board acroed, pull up an old ammo crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on M14/M1A Rifles and Military Surplus Ammunition. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great weekend Sir. I know that someone will be by shortly to answer your question.

The 10 Golden Rules of Ammo:

1) You can never have too much ammo on hand. 1k rounds per battle rifle is a good minimum to start with (fubar).
2) Supplies of good surplus run out before you know it, and usually when you're running low on ammo so buy plenty while its available.
3) When in doubt about how much ammo you should buy, refer to rule #1.
4) Ammo is meant to be shot, so shoot often.
5) Because of rule #4, ammo must be replenished often as well.
6) When replenishing supply of ammo, refer to rules #1 through #3.
7) You must buy at least twice as much ammo as you shoot (fubar).
8) Always store ammo in a cool dry place (TEA). The only time you have to much ammo on hand is when you have a house fire(Slick).
9) If you don't have room in your house to store ammo per rule #8, build a bunker or a cellar in your back yard for storing ammo (TEA).
10) Friends don't let friends buy Indian surplus ammo (TEA). Or Never buy surplus ammo from a country where you wouldn't drink the water (midrat).

For military surplus ammunition this is the place to go... The Cheapest 7.62x51mm on the Internet
DI5

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Welcome the 10 rules sound like good rules to live by. also though you may want to learn to reload also.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome here to the best forum around!! If you need anything we are up in ABQ. Just holler!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome. Take a seat and sit a spell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts