M14 Forum banner

New from CA

600 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  berndog
I looked on this forum for a bit and decided to sign up. Some great info here. Picked up a mid to late 80's M1a back in 97. Shot it for a bit, installed a gen 3 springfield scope and fiberglassed in a cheek riser. Been very happy with it since. Just recently I traded off a 700 5r for a socom 16. I am looking to build up the socom into an ERB either by doing close to what smokinbear has done or picking up a Vlotr stock. I installed a Troy hand guard and am waiting on the scope to come in. It will be a work in progress.

Anyways there is some great info here and look to building up and becoming more knowledgable on the M1a platform.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Inquisitor
11,536 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you need any help with your build, the experts here are more than willing to assist.

· Registered
2,565 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. The short rifles are becoming more and more popular. You will find a lot of info here on then. Be sure and check out Rammac's posts as he is a great source of innovative changes in the configuration. Have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.