M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I used the city's most recognizable landmark and tourist attraction as an attention-grabber in the title of my "new user introduction" thread, I am not, and never have been, a football fan of any sort or description.
Hell, I've lived here my whole life, and if I had ever been in that funny looking building (the Pro f.b. HoF) it was at such an early age that I don't remember
ANYthing about it.
Well, glad to have got that out of the way.
I am a firearms enthusiast and collector of all manner of guns & accessories, but I really enjoy mil-surps and relics of all ages and origin.
In my lock-ups there are home-brew AR s in a half dozen calibers with fixed/collapsible stocks, short to long barrels (pistols too!), just about any and all variations, there are also reproduction lever guns and black powder revolvers from Uberti/Beretta/Pietta/ect. , a host of shotguns from sxs to pump & even a couple of lever types that span the origin of early 20th. century U.S. originals to heavily reworked Chinese copies that are specificly intended for cowboy action shooting.
Hand guns run the gamut of quite a few Ruger single actions, more Beretta Cougars in all calibers than is sensible, pistol caliber carbines (and a couple of P.C. rifle length long guns) from early styled to modern, a few WWI & II relic handguns and long arms, and there is even an appropriately registered NFA specimen.

I am currently auditioning a S.A. M1A that I found among the group of guns I've been buying from for the past couple of months.
During my research I've become convinced that this site might be the best possible place to learn enough about M1A/M14 s that I'll eventually become intimately knowledgeable about this make and model of long arm too.
Thanks in advance to any and all that are interested in helping me make an informed buying decision and in all likelihood become a long term owner of this particular rifle.

Charles L. (forum i.d. - unknwn - )

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,631 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often unknwn.

DI5

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Welcome from MN. I visited the PFHOF last Sept. It was OK, worth seeing once in your lifetime.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi,
Don't feel so bad about the HoF. I am 49 and have lived in the area all of my life, currently between Akron and Cleveland. I had never been to the HoF until this winter when my wife and I took a German visitor there. I have also never been to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, either. However, as I am a true Clevelander, I have no plans to do so until ALL of the induction ceremonies are held here :p. Welcome to our little place.

Danny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts