·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys know anything about these people ? www.lrbarms.com :idea:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
LRB is the company that was selling MKS M14 rifles and receivers. I have no idea who makes these receivers. Possibly a modified MKS without their name to avoid controversy.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
34 Posts
New forged receivers?

Do not know. MKS is in chapter 7. If it is them I do not know if they ever got all the bugs out of them.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If the Kellys are not back in business via another family member and modifications to their receiver ala BATF's instructions, then perhaps Entreprise is supplying them with receivers or LRB purchased the dies from the Kellys, or maybe there is a new player in town.
Sure are a lotta "or's" in this one. Just for giggles I may email Lawrence Abbott at Entrteprise and see if he is selling receivers to LRB.
Jeff knows the Kelly's, perhaps he can find out if these receivers are MKS or not. Then again maybe with all of the past problems MKS had that information may not be forth coming. The Kelly''s could start a new business and call it ABC and who's to know.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
8 Posts
Per a post on battlerifles, Lou of LRB sales, who was the distributor for MKS before they went belly up, has entered into a collaboration with the factory that manufactured the raw forgings for MKS receivers and they are working on producing forged receivers. Supposedly the factory was left holding the bag with a bunch of raw forgings by MKS. These receivers are reportedly produced as semi-auto (same configuration as S.A., Armscorp, etc. with the rear op-rod take down notch) but are forged, and are currently undergoing BATF scrutiny. It will be nice if it all works out as advertised, but given everyones past experiences with anything in any way connected to MKS, Caveat Emptor might be the best approach at present.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts