M14 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mississippi newbie here. I just got hooked on the hobby after some friends asked me to go shooting with them in November and December. Bought my first handgun in Jan of this year(Beretta M9) and just bought my first rifle last weekend(M1A)!

I had been wanting a rifle ever since going out with the guys and while doing some research decided on .308, and then I fell in love with the M1A.

I'm now a proud owner of a beautiful M1A National Match SS. NA9802. I know, talk about jumping right in! I had intended on buying a loaded M1A, but on the second day of the gun show the choices were very limited.

Well, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. I'm sure this great community can help educate me in the proper care of my new rifle.

Joe-

P.S. LOL, Newbie Tag. Images were too large to upload to forum.

http://imgur.com/a/mzKjQ

·
Administrator
17,947 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often subtlehustle.

DI5

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
That there sir is a nice looking rifle! Welcome aboard, thanks for joining us.
Once you get it to the range, take some range pics and post how it shoots.

You Did jump right in, way to go, if your going to go...go big.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome aboard. We can learn together. This is very nice forum for great info so far. Been wanting a M14 since shooting them in military in the 60's but seemed to have invested in dozens of rifles (underestimation) from 22 Hornet to 416 Rigsby, half dozen ARs but no M14. Saw a SA M1A Loaded with 200 rounds through it for measly $1350 and could not resist. Hope to have in hand next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Plan on taking it out this afternoon. Beautiful day today. I need some advice on cleaning and lubing before first firing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. Plan on taking it out this afternoon. Beautiful day today. I need some advice on cleaning and lubing before first firing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Check out Tonyben3 video's on Youtube

Here is one to get you started [ame]http://youtu.be/pJyWO_ZV8tQ[/ame]

Welcome from New Mexico

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Welcome subtlehustle, from the Lone Star State. You got a real nice rifle , First check out the tonyben videos here or on you tube, search: m1a, tonyben. he'll run you through checking her out and lubricating her like she needs. There's a few videos by him, watch them all, they're a really good foundation to start with. Glad you made it on board here and congratulations on your choices.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts