M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings from misissippi - NOT afghanistan! good to be home! yesterday i met up with a no4 mk2 enfield & it followed me home. i think it is one of the unfired irish ones imported by our good friends at cai in vermont. 1-55 date on it. my question is while these rifles seem to bring more than a ww2 mk1 is it particularly valuable? i would like to "sniperize" it with the mounts & pads that sarco sells to keep my m1d & 03a4 clones company, but don't want to ruin a collectible rifle. i don't know much about these rifles, the only other enfield i ever had was a jungle carbine built from a mk3 from golden state arms, not the best weapon i ever owned. i wish all the garands out there were in the same condition as this enfield. happy halloween!
andy

·
Retired
4,701 Posts
I'd keep it original. I just bought a No 1 Mk 111 made during WW1. Look how many US M1917's were sporterized and now it's getting hard to find nice original Enfields. Enjoy it for what it is. If you want to modify a rifle like this, find one that Bubba has already ruined as far as collector value. Just my .02 worth.GI1

·
Registered
65 Posts
post some pictures man! I love the enfields, cool rifles. on my list along with a 1903 and another M1 in mini-g form :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Picked up one of these (unfired) last month for $250. and it included ammo plus a matching bayonet. Fantastic rifle to shoot. Personally, I'd keep it stock or see if you can get a mount for it that will not force you to drill/tap anywhere. Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok after having this rifle hang around the house & watch tv with me it's just too nice a rifle to mount a scope to. it will stay original & will wind up with my 9 yr old grandson some day, if he can finish school & stay outta jail.
andy

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Welcome back! Post some pics! GI5

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Glad you are home! Know the feeling! SMLE's have the slickest bolts I have ever seen. With a bit of practice, dang near semi-auto. Have 4 of'em myself, of various ages.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I love Enfields, let have some pics.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok pictures taken, posting to follow. man, i LOVE the rear sight on this rifle, i wish all my springfields had this sight. heck, i wish ALL my rifles were in this nice of shape!
andy

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I've got a PF 12/54 that I bought in the wrapper and I put on a Cad-technik mount and a Weaver K4-60C and it has the sweeetest trigger and is easily returned to stock. No drill, no bubba.

·
Registered
300 Posts
that was going to be my suggestion for the scope mount its reversible so you have not lost the collectible piece just used it as you wished to ,

that said the mk2 has the trigger mounted from the reciever as oppose to the earlier mkI & mkI* rifles , it has a far smoother trigger for shooting accuracy , and most of these are in excellent condition ,

the PF rifles of the early-mid 50s were mostly contract rifles and which contract you fall into is determined by the serial number , mine is a 10/53 burma contract rifle ,
the "irish rifles" everyone goes ga ga over fall in the serial sequence PF309348-359747 FWIW ,
if you post most of your number [use x's for last couple digits if you must] i can tell you which contract yours was made for ,

these mk2s were all made at ROF FAZ , as were the majority of conversions of mkI rifles to mk2 status as mkI/2 , and the conversions of mkI* rifles to mk2 status marked mkI/3 ,

mine is the top one here - with longbranch Cno7 trainer , longbranch mkI* , and a FAZ mkI

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
pictures ( i hope! )

those are fine looking weapons A Square 10! i dig the ribbed handgards. here are piks of mine. not too sure about that sling, it was attached to the rifle when i got it. seems it should have a web sling. have a lot to learn about enfields!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts