M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I ordered three M1 Garand stocks from Brownell's. They were having a sale on Minelli stocks so I ordered three. Two were nothing fancy, but very nice and the third is exceptional. I've received two stocks over the last couple of years that have lots of fiddle back and they are just beautiful! The pictures don't do them justice. Minelli M1 stocks are made very close to GI spec. Not oversized like Boyds and the quality of the wood is much better. I didn't have to alter anything to get a perfect fit. All the hardware dropped right in and the action is nice and tight. This rifle is my "one time buy" from the DCM back in 1978. I rebuilt it to 7.62 mm NATO with a Wilson barrel and it shoots about one inch with M118. No match modifications were made.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
This is the first Minelli M1 stock I've seen outside of the ads. Was considering one of these for a build and was wondering about size and fit....Thanks!
I have one of the Minelli for a SC 1903A3 and have been happy.

Did you add the DAS looking stamp/cartouche?

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To answer a couple of questions, Yes I did add the DAS. I have an original set of DAS stamps. Minelli did make some very nice M14 stocks, but Brownell's has been out of them for some time. No one seems to know if more will be offered. The M14 stocks were a very close copy of the early Winchester stocks. I bought a few and I was pleased with their fit and finish. I hope they make more.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
WOW.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Minelli makes gun stocks in Italy, it just takes someone to put in a big enough order at the factory. they do make an effort for nice looking wood.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts