M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup y’all,

Purchased a M1A NM with a Sadlack mounted Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 3-9x40 Red Firedot. There’s also a Sadlack magazine release. The stock is walnut with some M14 stamping and a cutoff for a selector switch, which I thought was rad. Front and rear sights are removed. The previous owner spray painted the barrel and it’s coming off in some places - I’ll probably just let the rest of the paint fall off.

Excited to get after it after my 10 day lockup!

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
Now you have made a good decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you ca post often feelingdangerous.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome from the So Cal Desert!
I got a new M1A recently too. I am taking it out shooting in a few days too. Don’t forget to grease the operating rod, the bolt roller bearing, and inside the receiver where the bolt recesses. Oil the feed ramp just slightly and maybe a light film of oil around any other pivoting parts.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert as well!

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,675 Posts
Another welcome from the SoCal desert!

Sadlak is my choice for mounts, I have had them all except the newest one or two. Looks like a nice setup, nice stock as well!
m14brian

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Welcome from Maine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome from the So Cal Desert!
I got a new M1A recently too. I am taking it out shooting in a few days too. Don’t forget to grease the operating rod, the bolt roller bearing, and inside the receiver where the bolt recesses. Oil the feed ramp just slightly and maybe a light film of oil around any other pivoting parts.
Thanks for the info! Have fun on your first shoot. This forum looks like such a great resource, I'm glad I found it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts