M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I am just about thru gathering the parts for my last build, An all TRW. I have a complete trw trigger group, op rod, bolt, rear site assembly as used by trw and an as new walnut stock. I also have a new unissued TRW barrel that still has traces of cosmoline on it! The parts that I can not verify are the gas cylinder, bolt stop and the small parts.

My question is this, should I send the oprod, trigger group and gas cylinder out to be refinished and the Gas cylinder unitized so the finish matches?

WHAT WOULD BE YOUR PREFERANCE OF FINISH AND WOULD YOU UNITZE THE GAS CYLINDER WITH THIS TYPE OF BUILD?

I would send it to Huey Gunner to have the work done

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
"Death From Above"
11,646 Posts
I sent all mine to ce to have them welded up and melonited. Never had the need just yet to have anything parked. I was considering one of my op rods but for the life of me I can't remeber the members name that does it. If you do get it welded I like the internal welds not the ones that show on the outside.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I think given the choice I would have the parts match. I thought I had my rifle accuratized until I recently installed a unitized cylinder. Cut the groups in half, they were good but the unitized cylinder really made a positive difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts