M14 Forum banner

New Armscorp NM Rifle Acquired

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  brassmagnet 
#1 ·
First let me say I've been reading and learning as much as possible here on the sight, and thanks to all who contribute so much info here. I have learned a lot!

More to the point tho, I acquired a rifle last week built on a Armscorp NM receiver, TRW op-rod and bolt. The rest of the parts need identification yet. I am having trouble removing the op-rod from the receiver. Unlike my Polytech that almost falls out of the receiver by shaking it, this one refuses to unlock. Any suggestions? I don't want to force anything. I took some pictures of the parts, hoping someone could shed any info they had on the meaning of some of the numbers. I think the barrel is a new production barrel, which is odd because I was told this gun was built in the 80's.

Anyhow, here are some of the pics. I'm holding off shooting until I know a little more about the rifle. I'm guessing good quality .308 ammunition is the only way to go here, and not some surplus NATO stuff?

Thanks in advance for any info you can offer GI2

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats on a fine looking rifle! I had a Armscorp NM Match rifle very close to yours in serial number and it was an excellent and accurate rifle!

I was offered a VERY good price to sell it and I couldn't turn it down, so unfortunately, I don't have it anymore...GI4

The barrel appears (to me) as a commerical barrel. My Armscorp had a Douglas or Barnett heavy barrel in 1-10 (IIRC).

Keep working on the op rod, it will dismount.

Good Luck!

Aloha,

Tom O.

#4 ·
Thank you for your input (s). I agree it looks like a commercial bbl. I'll keep wiggling on the O-R. I know it comes off! GI2

I am quite pleased with it over all - and the price was very reasonable.

#5 ·
The Armscorp I bought from the PX here has the same issue with the op rod removal. I know it is lining up with the notch to remove it, but it is difficult. However, it does come off.

The first time I used a screwdriver to tilt it up and out. The next time I just wiggled it up and out. Still apart...waiting for unitized GC and TG work to come back.

Keep at it, it'll come.

#9 ·
Line the lug on your op rod up on the notch in the receiver. you may have to lightly tap with a plastic hammer or block of wood up towards the rear sight nob and it should pop out of the receiver slot.. mine are tight also.. I like Armscorp receivers and TRW parts looks like you scored.. B2B

#10 ·
Congrats on your new rifle, it looks great. Try pushing the OP against the side of the receiver as you push up to remove it. This usually provides enough clearance to allow it to pop out.

#12 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and additional info. I'll work on the op rod in the near future - too many irons in the fire it seems. I'm curious how you identified the bbl - I had no clue, but thought it was a 1/11 twist, as there is a 11 stamped under the op rod, not clearly visible. I see the 2/06. I am looking forward to seeing how well it shoots, but cold winter weather keeps me from any serious target shooting right now.

Again - thanks to all.

#13 ·
Greetings fellow Wisconsinite!!! That is one outstanding looking rifle you have there. I bet it shoots as good as it looks. I'm sending you a PM, (private message).GI1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.