M14 Forum banner

New addition to the rimfire herd.

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  nf1e 
#1 ·
Just picked up a new CZ-457 Varmint Precision Trainer in 22lr. Added a EGW 20 moa picatiny rail and a Sightron 10-50x60mm scope mounted with low Leupold QRW rings. Screwed on a Pilot 22 lr suppressor for good measure. Planning on having some fun with the new toy this weekend. Whatta Hobby!

Wood Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Table
Motor vehicle Trigger Gas Engineering Automotive design
Motor vehicle Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gas

See less See more
#11 ·
Have a CZ 453 varmint heavy barrel 22lr with a 36x Weaver. The set trigger I'm not to keen about as I forget to set it half the time. Like the looks of your 457 CZ. Might try and upgrade to your stock if a fellow could find one reasonable priced. The Bergara is probably close in accuracy to the CZ's and would make another fine addition to my safe. 17 hmr is an excellent choice if a fellow needs to reach out a bit more. Have a CZ 22 mag that never really floated my boat might do some swapping at the LGS. Cheers CWO

#12 ·
Had a chance to shoot here a couple hundred rnds today. Seems to like about any fodder. I can see some trigger adjustment is necessary. Comes way too stiff from the factory for my likes. Have been used to 3oz and 6oz on my precision rifles. Looks to be a pretty simple operation with the right springs added. Should get to it later today and make some changes. Whatta Hobby!

#13 ·
Shot a hundred rnds this morning. 50 SK match and 50 tenex without the can attached. Target is tenex. Adjusted the trigger down from 3.5 lbs to 2.2 lbs which was the best I could get with standard parts. Waiting on a Yodave spring kit which should get it down under 1LB and a Timney trigger which should be about 6 - 8 oz which is what I have been using on my other precision rifles. The CZ-457 has the potential and the only down side I see is the heavy trigger pull. Found myself waiting for the dang thing to fire. Felt like lighting a cannon fuse and waiting. Whatta Hobby!
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Gun barrel
Wood Font Rectangle Gadget Office supplies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.