M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
As far as i am concerned any time one fills out that paper they are automatically registering there firearm. There was no 4473 back in 1776 and there should not be one today. Maybe one day we can get rid of that piece of trash.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Is this was about the silly He/She/"Other" check option. Don't know why they keep adding silly check boxes. They really need to remove the "Latino" box. Come to think of it all the race boxes needs to be removed.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
The major change is the firearm information is now back on the first page with the purchaser's name and address. On the old one if the second page was separated from the first page the serial number was disconnected from the buyer's name.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Makes scanning easier for those making a searchable data base. Or at least more quick with only having to run one page vs two.

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
I like the layout better, but I'm having a hard time figuring why we are required to keep all the instruction pages after it's been approved. What happened to the reduction in paperwork act?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Why did they specifically mention Virginia Drivers License , were they just using it as an example ? That doesn't make sense .

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
I like the layout better, but I'm having a hard time figuring why we are required to keep all the instruction pages after it's been approved. What happened to the reduction in paperwork act?
Well, I suppose the way the Government looks at it, they don't have to store the actual document, so they don't care if it that puts a burden on the license holder. Maybe even, then wish to make his/her life miserable.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
So how long until we find out that the ATF has been using the 4473 as a form of registration?

Reactions: stoky

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Rec'd my packet of new forms yesterday. Looks like we keep using the older ones until 11/01/2020, so no big hurry to stamp all the blocks in the new forms. Very time consuming - but not as bad as the three part forms the State uses for handguns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts