M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally put together a 16" EBR. I must say, I really like the balance on this rifle. This has a Bula Defense XM21 receiver, 16.5" medium weight NM barrel and Sage ALCS. I was planning on shooting today but we got 6" of snow overnight and it's still falling. I'm anxious to get some rounds through it, but I don't think I'm that anxious. Here are a few pics. Hopefully a range report will follow soon.

Here is the lightweight version. They certainly have a very different look. This one is the AG Composites CBR painted up with an amazing camo pattern by M1 Army and a standard profile barrel. Weight is 7.8lbs.

Range Report added on page 2.

·
Premium Member
20,414 Posts
Wow. Nice going Jeff. Talk about plenty of clearance for ejected brass.
Love the clean looks of the left side of the receiver and the nice short rails.
Watching carefully for my delivery.
Keep it up.

Art

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Jeff, nice work on both-----That Vietnam tiger stripe pattern is one of my favorites---one question, what does your EBR weigh with the optic on it?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff, nice work on both-----That Vietnam tiger stripe pattern is one of my favorites---one question, what does your EBR weigh with the optic on it?
Thanks! M1Army did the paint and its amazing. Pics don't do it justice I haven't weighed the EBR yet. Sometimes not knowing is better. The EBR with a medium weight barrel is a bit portly. I'll weigh it and report back though. It's good info to have.

Reactions: rwilli

·
Godspeed Greyson
2,126 Posts
Those look great Jeff. I love the AG CBR setup! Also, like some others, love the slick side on your M21 receiver. Always a fan of the Nam Tigerstripe. M1Army did a fantastic job. Very talented. GI1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great looking sticks Jeff! That lightweight is super sexy!

So, are these "all Bula" rifles, or are they a mix of USGI and Bula parts?

Reactions: Jeff42899

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had some time to throw a few rounds through the XM21 EBR. Another forum member was a gracious host and we both were able to get some trigger time on the rifle. I'm extremely happy with the EBR to this point. She's running very well and starting to stabilize in accuracy. The pic below is two 5 round groups and one 3 round group. The last group is the one above the center. This is off a bench at 100 yards with the Nikon scope in the pics. I REALLY wish I would have taken the Leupold Mark 4. I think we could have done much better. It was interesting to see the rifle stabilize after about 20-30 rounds. I think a good scrubbing and another 100 rounds or so and she'll be a great shooter, assuming somebody else besides me is behind the trigger! I think the rifle already shoots better than my fists of ham at this point. Thanks again Eddie!
XM21 Receiver
Bula Defense Bolt & Internals
Bula Medium NM barrel 16.5"
Bula Gas System
Bula Op Rod
GI trigger housing & Hammer
Sage EBR Chassis

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.