M14 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but self-adhering tape might be what you're looking for... It comes in different colors and comes off without any residue. I use it to add a cheek weld and it doesn't slip. It's reusable, grippy, and comfortable to hold/handle.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
We always used Firm Grip when shooting matches. It's spray on and I recommend cleaning it off after the shooting day is done. I found it preferable to spray it on my glove rather then the stock, but we sprayed it on the butt plate too.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I have a 18inch scout that I love shooting. I also really love the way it looks with its factory walnut stock. However when I’m running around with it, shooting and moving, switching positions quick, extra. I really can’t stop thinking about how slippery the walnut stock can be at times. Even with gloves on. So I’m looking for recommendations for any type of grip or wrap I can add on the front.

, thanks gents
Carnuba wood floor wax gives you a shine and a grippy surfface.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
We always used Firm Grip when shooting matches. It's spray on and I recommend cleaning it off after the shooting day is done.
Is that even available anymore? I haven't seen that stuff since the late 80's...Spray-on pine tar.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Get some of the camo form tape 1100 tac suggested. It’s grippy but comes off. If you get it hot it will leave a bit of sticky but it comes off easily

21 - 27 of 27 Posts