M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at either the Millet TRS-2 10x50 30mm scope with either .1 mil or 1/4 moa clicks. Then there is the Millet TRS-7 16x50 30mm. Its nothing but a range gun, I'm looking for one of these that will allow me to get up close and personal with the target.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have a TRS 2. It's a good scope especially for a range gun. I just used it for a precision rifle training and it worked good out to 960 yards. Ranging with the mil-dots was accurate enough for first shot hits. There are some short commings but they are tolerable when you figue in the price. I would get the Mil-Mil. Mine is Mil-Moa and there is some math involved.Not terrible but not necessary with the MIL-MIL. One annoying thing was you can't float the knobs so you are always counting to some extent. Again no real big deal. I was happy with the glass but looking through some of the other high end scopes was a real eye opener of sorts. I'm going to get a new scope higher end but I'll be keeping the Millett. It was mounted on a factory SPS Tactical for the class and I was very pleased with it's performance. I have a range report in Sniper City.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'd love to get a nicer scope but the wife slashed the defense budget for fiscal year 2011 lol. Whats the difference between the 10x50 and the 16x50. I'd like to be able to zoom up on the target up close. Which one would let me do that?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
A TRS 2 only comes in 10x fixed. The 16x is variable AFAIK. The TRS1 4X16.I'm not sure they make the TRS 7 anymore. Most people like the variable and 16x shouldn't cause any mirage issues. Just a matter of preference. The Milletts are all second focal plane so you'll have to cut back to 10x for ranging. Again no big deal.A nice thing about the variable is if you keep it low short range is less wobbly and better FOV. At long range it will probably always be on 16. That's just human nature.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I also enjoy my 4x16, but will add that ...the darn thing is a noticeably heavy scope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts