M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to pick up my M1A squad scout when i get my taxes back so i need some opinions from yall that have more experiance with M1A/M14 im debating on 2 stocks for design, options, and price

1. is http://www.promagindustries.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AAM1A This one is the archangel stock i like the looks and design plus the price.

2.is http://www.delta14chassis.com/photos.html This one is the delta14chassis.I also like the looks and design and agian the price. (Im looking at the folding stock one with rail system btw)

Price to me is a very big deal yes i would love to buy a troy chassis and all those others but i cant im in the military and get paid @#it. Both are drop in no modification just easy change over. So like i have said please give me all your opinions one these two stocks and any other opinions to what else i can and might want to do in the furture. GI5

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Unless you are just dead set on putting it in a different stock, why not just keep in a factory stock and start making internal modifications or saving some $ while you get used to it? This would be my route if money was an issue.

eta. between those I like the folder better. search around here for some reviews

·
Registered
938 Posts
I agree with condition 1........................

Unless you are just dead set on putting it in a different stock, why not just keep in a factory stock and start making internal modifications or saving some $ while you get used to it? This would be my route if money was an issue.

eta. between those I like the folder better. search around here for some reviews

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you are going budget conscious, I'd keep the original stock for the time being and spend some money on a good piece of glass and some upgrades to the rifle itself. Some good upgrades that aren't too costly are the Vortex FH, Sadlak spring guide, and SEI enhanced bolt stop.

Reactions: 308_SSD

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Get it, see how it shoots, proceed as needed. Personally I'd work up the action before going to a new stock. When I did my build I made sure the action was rock solid, this way it performs its best regardless of the stock/chassis it went into. I had a JAE first and have a Sage now, accuracy has been the same with both so my theory seems to hold water, for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.