M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have most of my Great-Grandfather's old H&R Baystate 12 ga. shotgun..... The forearm with the stud still stuck in it was lost in a flood at my Mom's house back in 1983. The gun was disassembled for re-bluing, stock refinishing,etc. The forend probably got shoveled out along with the 6 inches of mud left after the 3 feet of water receded.....

Numerich is out of barrels so I figure I will need to have someone make a stud for me. What I need is the measurements for the stud for a Baystate or an early model 48 Topper. Can anybody out there help me????? I have no inention of actually firing this gun, but would like it to be in firing condition....

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the new lug doesn't fit, find a forearm that fits close and looks nice, then Accra-Glass it to the barrels.
I have a forearm I got from Numerich that needs sanding in order to fit either barrel. I will use it on the one I got off gunbroker due to the plastic spacer. The wood on the gunbroker shotgun is in excellent condition, I can sand it mildly and refinish it before installing it on my Great Granddads.

I think the rust is too deep on the barrel of the gunbroker shotgun about 8 inches from the end of the barrel, so I may need to shorten it to make it a safe shooter (32" bbl). Since I really don't plan on shooting either one, I guess I could leave them alone and just hang them over the fireplace.....

Now to find a cheap way to blue them...... Paying for a traditional blue job would cost more than either gun is worth (other than sentimental value)....

Once I am able to take possesion of the gunbroker shotgun (week left on my ten day waiting period) I can take measurements and have a new lug machined for it.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts