M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase a low Bassett mount and was wondering what type of rings you guys suggest???????

I want to be able to keep the rear sight aperture in place. Also, I want the rings to be solid, but at the same time I don't need $100+ rings either. I will be mounting a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42SF (1" diameter).

What are some good companies??? I know nothing about mounting scopes as all I regularly shoot are irons.

Many thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi Hammonje,

I personally like Millet Angle-Loc rings. You can adjust them for minor windage changes which might also help and they come in lots of heights. They are steel but not all that heavy either.

- Ivan.

·
Registered
8,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What height do you think I will need to keep the aperture in place??? I have a nice riser setup. Came with my SM.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Maybe i'm old school or cheep but I use weaver and every rifle i've ever owned and never had a problem. With a 42 lens a mid height ring should keep the scope up high enough

·
Registered
844 Posts
I used IOR (Valdada) rings. I more then happy with them, there pretty good quality. I would buy some decent rings though otherwise you might have problems with them moving. And I can tell you, its really frustrating trying to figure out if its the gun, ammo, mount, rings, scope or "you" that's off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here is a GG&G one piece 30mm Quick Detach.mount I use,just wanted to show you the scope height .(I know,my mount is the Sadlak AirBorne allum.mount) follow Sunnyb's advice and get some quailty rings

·
Registered
751 Posts
With the Bassett Low Mount, you're going to need medium-high to high rings to keep the scope clear of the rear sight. I used Weaver High rings on mine, with the standard Bassett Low Mount, and it works okay with my 3-9x40mm Nikon scope. With the Weaver low rings, the adjustment ring on the scope banged into the rear sight aperture.

This is the Bassett Low Mount with the Weaver High rings"

The Bassett Low Mount sits down far enough that I don't need a cheek piece on the stock to sight in a comfortable position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.