M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Maybe figure out how to adapt it to picatinny mount, run an arms mount? Being that old, I doubt it though. Best bet is a high cheek rest. Even if you could adapt that dinosaur to modern mounts, it would probably sit as high or higher than it does now.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
There is lower and then there is lower.

"Lower" is a relative term. The lower base mount for a PVS1 is an aluminum bracket thing that then mounts to the m1a receiver and then attaches to the "Upper" scope base on the PVS1 scope.

They are available, I would pick them up in Tulsa at the gunshow. I know I have 5 to 10 of them, but I regret that I do not sell any M-14 item that I collect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could you post a pic of the lower mount that bolts to the receiver ? then I'd know what to look for. how much do these go for ?

it has the sliding upper mount with the 2 thumb/wing nut tighteners on the scope already.

what you described is what I need. the lower part that bolts to the receiver, would allow this entire scope to slide right onto the rifle, and lock into place.

I have the upper half that stays with the scope when it's dismounted and slid off, with the quick release latches.

FWIW, a battery pack from any cheap Eveready flashlight, holding 4 AA rechargeable nicads, will go right into the PVS-1. It's a drop in. no need to pay $29 for a battery pack. All that's required is remove the pressure spring from the battery cap, and fold up a piece of tin foil into a little square block and use that instead of the spring. presto. it fired right up and works great. the AA batts will last longer than the smaller AAA batts, being larger they have more mA capacity.

I'm amazed at the detail this old scope has at night, when the objective and eyepiece are adjusted to my vision. it's heavy, but it's not that heavy. I'm going to put it on a light rifle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts