M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently at home in TN on leave and my brother wants to sell me his loaded SA M1A, w/ natl match SS bbl & natl match trigger group. The rifle comes with three SA 20 rd mags and is still in the original box with all papers. The stock is walnut and the gun is in at least 98% condition. It was manufactured in 1997 and I was with him when he bought it so I know he is the only owner/shooter. The rifle has less than 100 rounds through it. He needs to sell & I want to buy.

I need to know what is a fair price for both us (he is my brother after all).

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Since he's your brother...I'd start out at $1000.00 but no more than $1300.00 since the going NIB is about $1400.00 for a Loaded on a Walnut stock .

I paid about $1200.00 for a LNIB Loaded (about 200 rounds) on a sythetic stock w/ a SA 6X40 govt. scope, 3rd generation scope mount, 2 10 round mags., aftermarket velcro cheekpiece w/ all manuals and paperwork late last year. It was a good deal considering the person looked desperate to sell it (he initally wanted $1400.00 for it). :mrgreen:

Good Luck.

·
Registered
980 Posts
M1A4me said:
Since he's your brother...I'd start out at $1000.00 but no more than $1300.00 since the going NIB is about $1400.00 for a Loaded on a Walnut stock .

I paid about $1200.00 for a LNIB Loaded (about 200 rounds) on a sythetic stock w/ a SA 6X40 govt. scope, 3rd generation scope mount, 2 10 round mags., aftermarket velcro cheekpiece w/ all manuals and paperwork late last year. It was a good deal considering the person looked desperate to sell it (he initally wanted $1400.00 for it). :mrgreen:

Good Luck.
$1200 seems fair to me, especially with the mags. Another thing to keep in mind is that a '97 should have at least a USGI trigger group and bolt, both of which are worth more and better quality than the repro parts SA Inc is using now. Check the op-rod. If its marked with a -2 after the part number and SA underneath, then its and SA Inc op-rod. If there is no -2 and the manufacturer's code is directly after the part number, then its USGI.

·
Registered
846 Posts
my loaded rifle is from that same time frame and has GI bolt, trigger group and oprod. your pricing estimes are in the reasonable range.

mine is in a synthetic stock. i got it for $850 used back in 98. (same day i bought my IBM carbine) i bought it from an older gent who had been shooting with it but the recoil was getting to him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.