M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with value of a New SEI oprod...its for a neighbor whos husband passed away and she is selling off his stuff. Most is gone but she found this oprod stashed away and has no idea what its worth and neither do I...

marked: 7267064
3A5E1

all i can find is its SEI. Not a scratch on it and never installed. Any help appreciated. I can get a picture up later today.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I need help with value of a New SEI oprod...its for a neighbor whos husband passed away and she is selling off his stuff. Most is gone but she found this oprod stashed away and has no idea what its worth and neither do I...

marked: 7267064
3A5E1

all i can find is its SEI. Not a scratch on it and never installed. Any help appreciated. I can get a picture up later today.
Look at rods on the Numrich site and Brownells site. They have used M1A parts and asking prices. For new parts, visit the Fulton Armory site.

This way you will have a few numbers for guidelines.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK ill have a look. I just havent been able to really find any information on SEI oprods is all..she just found 2 SA forged bolts in a coffee can..he was a nice guy..:(

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
OK ill have a look. I just havent been able to really find any information on SEI oprods is all..she just found 2 SA forged bolts in a coffee can..he was a nice guy..:(
If you do a search here, there was some good talk about them 4-6yrs ago. I dont see them listed on SEI's site though, so probably no longer available as a part. I suppose you could call them and ask them if they are still available. You could also ask some of the guys here who bought them in the past what they went for back then.

Heres a few threads that came up in a search:
http://m14forum.com/m14/101036-sei-op-rods.html
http://m14forum.com/m14/75332-smith-parts.html
http://m14forum.com/modern-m14/97166-smith-m14-operating-rod.html

There might be someone that would WANT an SEI part..... but the bigger market would be someone who just wants a spare op-rod, so personally thats who I would market it to, and price accordingly. In other words, I like oldflyboy's advice.

Someone is gonna say it eventually.... may as well be me. Ignoring quality completely (seems they do build some fine products) some folks won't touch SEI products on principle alone. You can do a search and judge for yourself whether that is justified.

Good luck and Im sorry to hear for the reason behind the sale. Good parts are priced insanely online these days, so the lady would likely get the most for those parts on gunbroker or such places, if the hassle of selling them like that is worth it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I have heard about people hating SEI and all..I just need to get as much as I can for the old lady is all..shes finding more 14 stuff every day and I dont want her to get screwed over by the estate sale vultures is all. So I'd rather sell it for her. She needs the help and the cash..shes 83..

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
yeah I have heard about people hating SEI and all..I just need to get as much as I can for the old lady is all..shes finding more 14 stuff every day and I dont want her to get screwed over by the estate sale vultures is all. So I'd rather sell it for her. She needs the help and the cash..shes 83..
Well again, good luck, and good on you for helping her out. Those linked threads I posted should at least give you a little product info about the op-rod. Might help with the sale. I'd still say gunbroker would be a good way to squeeze the most dollars out of any parts.

Its likely many here would offer a fair price for good parts too.

Might try posting on Armslist as well, since its free to do so, though obviously the M14 parts market isn't anything like the AR crowd, still an option.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well Id rather keep the parts in the forum family here and I dont want to gouge anyone. Ill likely post them on forum once I get whatever else she finds and wants to sell. Her family isnt interested in the parts and his rifles have already been sold off to a few collectors here who knew their value and paid her a fair price for them. A few had to be modified before being sold since California calls them assault weapons..just removed flash hiders and blocked the mags to 10 rounds with a rivet. He had tons of mags and ammo..been collecting for 40 plus years..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.