- built by LRB on their receiver and medium weigh NM barrel
- all USGI WRA parts from Windy City sourcing
-complete DRW garand rear sight
- like new USGI fiberglass from Fred's
-5 CMI 20rd mags that I bought new and used to fire the 120
-complete USGI cleaning kit
-USGI sling
-5 complete bandoleers minus Ammo

I was asking 2200 shipped on here, would flex a little but then I got this response and wanted to make sure I wasn't out of line with pricing

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am looking for a NM or Loaded type for a friend. Let me know when you establish a price. Does it have any match modifications (welded gas system, bedded, lugged, etc).

·
Registered
14,810 Posts
When reselling a custom built firearm, you can figure on 30-35% less than original cost. Production firearms tend to hold their value a little better, especially if the factory warranty is still in place.

Your pricing is probably not out of line, but right after Christmas is not the best time to sell anything. Most folks are paying off Holiday bills. March is usually a better month, when buyers start getting tax returns.

·
Registered
14,810 Posts
I looked at your original ad.

The best advice I can give is to post clear, close up pictures in the thread itself. We are lazy, and don't want to have to go about requesting and downloading pictures. Instant gratification is best. The seller should do all the work and post everything up front, so that a potential buyer only has to click once and see everything.

Years ago, I collected Mannlicher-Schoenauer hunting rifles. It would crack me up that someone would try to sell a $5k rifle using pictures taken with a $50 camera. RNGR2

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked at your original ad.

The best advice I can give is to post clear, close up pictures in the thread itself. We are lazy, and don't want to have to go about requesting and downloading pictures. Instant gratification is best. The seller should do all the work and post everything up front, so that a potential buyer only has to click once and see everything.

Years ago, I collected Mannlicher-Schoenauer hunting rifles. It would crack me up that someone would try to sell a $5k rifle using pictures taken with a $50 camera. RNGR2
right on, will definitely take your advice

·
Forum Jester
8,444 Posts
i'm selling nfa weapons for 7k each,oh,i'll give ya 5k each

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Right after Christmas isn't the best time to sell high priced items. People tend to be tapped out and your available market is soft. Be patient if you have the time. Sometimes people need a quick sale though.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Seems I always buy retail and sell wholesale.
You're not alone.

For the OP, I have no idea what your rifle is worth. From experience with selling a couple of high-value toys (personally owned aircraft), there are always bottom-feeders out there who will make a low-ball offer, hoping you're desperate. And sometimes, (think some poor devil who has been served with divorce papers, or one who has a high credit card balance and has lost his job), they're right.

Feedback from these characters should be disregarded.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The m14/M1a is like the FAL market, you'll be holding onto that rifle for a long time unless you ffl transfer it to another guy on here or gunbroker that really wants one. The M14 is not a $2200 dollar weapon period, nor is an imbel fal a $1600 dollar weapon. 95% of the tactical dildos out their want cheap AR's or AKs. Why would they pay $2200 for a dinosaur m14 when they can get a SCAR? That's just the way it is, these rifles are bought by small market of older people, then those people realize they can't afford the ammo or parts and the rifle just sits and gets resold again. People are cheap and most won't spend that kind of money on a rifle unless it's the newest best tactical specops heap on arfcom

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The m14/M1a is like the FAL market, you'll be holding onto that rifle for a long time unless you ffl transfer it to another guy on here or gunbroker that really wants one. The M14 is not a $2200 dollar weapon period, nor is an imbel fal a $1600 dollar weapon. 95% of the tactical dildos out their want cheap AR's or AKs. Why would they pay $2200 for a dinosaur m14 when they can get a SCAR? That's just the way it is, these rifles are bought by small market of older people, then those people realize they can't afford the ammo or parts and the rifle just sits and gets resold again. People are cheap and most won't spend that kind of money on a rifle unless it's the newest best tactical specops heap on arfcom
haha, well put!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.