M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find out some information about a M14 receiver.

There are no markings on it except for the Serial Number stamped into the heel.

The SN is 100xx; no other markings at all.

And there is no Chinese hole in the front ring.

If you know anything about these receivers please help.

Thanks.

Best regards, T

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
WOW! 8O

Thats odd I would think ...

Does it appear to have any cosmetic changes to it in any way?

I wonder if it was a prototype of some sort possibly ... :roll:

Maybe Bill Ricca can help us out with this one and I will shoot him a PM with this link enclosed ...

Six

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
My Norinco has just a serial no. on the left side of the heel. Bolt stop side under the rear sight area. No other marks.
I have seen acouple of Polys so marked.
HTH

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Without see it, it is impossible to say. I know a few unfinished receivers got out of Springfield Armory (Mass.), back in the 1960's. One large gun dealer purchased them and sent them to Geneseo to complete and serial number, before 1986. If it is full auto, then it is probably one of these unfinished receivers that has been upgraded.

If his is a semi auto it is probably what the other members have identified as Chinese. Just a short note: NO US GI M14 receiver was ever made without the full auto tang. All are capable of full auto fire including all the prototypes from the T series rifles that were part of the M14 Development Program.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guest,

I have two Norincos similar to what you describe.

Norinco left side

Norinco heel
This other receiver I’d like to find more information is not the same though.
SixTGunr said:
Does it appear to have any cosmetic changes to it in any way?
Doesn’t look like anything has been altered, and no selector lug or evidence one has been removed. Again the only marking on it is the SN: 100xx struck very well about 2/3 down the heel, absolutely no other markings.
The guy had it for sale on the BR board and said it was given to him as Chinese, but it doesn’t look anything like the Norincos and Polytechs I’ve seen before. He mentioned it might be Malaysian, but I don’t know the first thing about the quality of those rifles or if this is one. I don’t want to get into something I don’t know anything about.
Thanks for all the help.

Best regards, T

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha T,

This is a really interesting thread! I have seen Poly's and Norinco's have SN and markings all over the place and with no consistency. In Poyer's book, he indicates that some receiver heels had Chinese writing on it with the SN.

Pretty interesting to me... let us know if more info turns up.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Yep...these polytechs & norincos are marked/unmarked in all sorts of ways.

I'd love to get one of them chinese m14 recievers w/ the chinese writing on it....like one of those from Taiwan.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
receiver

No markings.

I believe the receiver to be an early chinese import either polytech or norinco. :D

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Thanks for your input there chainfire ...

If you should ever feel comfortable here climb on board and register with us. We'd love to have ya and theres plenty of room around the fireside.

Have a super day!

Six

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont think it is a Norinco m-14s/m-305, I just bought a brand new one (2003 manufacture) and from what little experiance I have had with the norincos they all have Norinco stamped on them
and it looks like this:

Serial #0107XX

from earler manufacture

Serial #0027xx

serial #'s from 1996 models were C0685x,CO618x

·
Registered
4 Posts
If any of you guys have a receiver you are willing to part with drop me an email. I am looking for one for a M1A build.

Chris
[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts