M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just got back from the range with my Pre Ban Armscorp and I need some help it functioned great until the bolt fell apart after 30 rounds of Port ammo.
Why would this happen it Has all USGI parts the bolt is a TRW.
The extractor spring was the only part that got lost in the grass .
The extractor has a small mark on the top now should I replace all the parts on the bolt ?
I need some expert advice Guy's please help! :( :( :cry: :?
Thank you Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bolt help

Thanks Hawk I thought it was strange for this to happen the first time out with this rifle !
It is like new , who would you buy these parts from?
Thank you for all the help
Paul

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Paul,

That is a bummer! After you reassemble the bolt, you might want to check on the bottom of the bolt. If the extractor shank is sticking out, even a little, the hammer might kick that puppy apart again... it does happen... To a new one? I don't know how often or when, but it does happen. Another thing that I picked up on the boards is having a spare bolt assembly, headspaced to your rifle, which will always be there if you need it.

Sorry to hear about the problems...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
need bolt help

Hello Tom nice to here from you .
This realy screwed up my day at the range my brand new M444 Fal was hanging up also so the only thing that worked was the new Springfield mil spec 45 I put 100 rounds through her with out a problem very cool.
I guess that is the way it goes sometimes .
Paul

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Paul,

Definitely those suggestions on parts work for me as well!!! You might also want to consider getting a couple of extra bolts from CMP... They are fairly inexpensive and can supply you with complete bolts or with parts to fix up the ones you have!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
need bolt help

Thanks Tom I will check into those bolts I let my GCA membership run out gess it is time to renew it .
Thanks for all the help
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts