M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came into possession of my granddaddys M1A, i dont know the exact year but its an old Springfield. Im keeping the original wood chassis but wanted to modernize it for my use. Ive always been a fan of the look of the EBR chassis but Sage has 2 different models available, the standard and ‘heavy barrel’ option. I dont believe the barrel on my grandfathers is a camp perry match grade barrel but if any EBR chassis owners out there could provide some feed back to which I will need to purchase I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
982 Posts
I have an EBR. The EBR requires a different oprod guide that once installed doesn't allow you to easily switch back to the wood stock. Just to give you options, I would look at a JAE if you want modern but more flexibility. Its not made anymore, but you can find one if you look.

· Registered
139 Posts
I have an EBR. The EBR requires a different oprod guide that once installed doesn't allow you to easily switch back to the wood stock. Just to give you options, I would look at a JAE if you want modern but more flexibility. Its not made anymore, but you can find one if you look.
I’ve never had an issue installing and then uninstalling a sage op rod guide. I just use some brass stock and a dead blow. It’ll usually come off with 1-2 hits. I’ve gone that route to install the same sage chassis on numerous rifles. I put the stock guide and hardware with the old stock back on with no problem.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Post the barrel markings/barrel pics. Chances are you have a standard or med barrel, which work with the standard Sage. However, until barrel identified it will unable to be determined.
Some shots of the barrel, only found a single super small stamp on the underside and its illegible to me

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.