M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to admit that I do not know any gunsmiths in my area. I need a recomendation on a person to work on a H&R 999 Sportsman. I have only one handgun interest and these are it. I have 4. The last one I purchased only works in double action. The hammer will not stay cocked when I bring it back with my thumb. I am wanting to give this pistol to my son for Christmas so I need to get going on it. I am able to get a FFL holder to ship it for me if needed. Any references would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Hey There - Loki1 :D

Don't know of anyone that specializes in H&R .22 Revolvers, but maybe someone else out there might know of somebody.

Just to get things started - could you call H&R and see if they could help out or provide you with a list of authorized repair shops in your area? I know that this suggestion may not be the best, but at least you could give them a call and check out the shops that they recommend.

Hope you get it fixed up for Christmas. I think somebody's eyes are going to be pretty shiny when they open that package from Dad. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let us know what you find out, OK? I've got a couple of friends in the business and I'll ask around.

Hope everything works out.

db

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DB. I think H&R was purchase by New England Firearms. I know that this model has been out of production for a time. I'll give them a try first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.