M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered (like everyone else...) a M1 Receiver from CMP.

I have all of the other parts to built a like-new M1 Garand except an Op Rod.

Does anyone know where I can buy a excellent condition op rod (tab and rod tip with lots of life left) at a good price?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
CMP Forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Look up "THE GARAND GUY" on line. I got one from him and it worked great on one of my builds. There is also Fulton Armory, although they are a little pricey.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy a excellent condition op rod (tab and rod tip with lots of life left) at a good price? Thanks.
Scott, I also have one available - it's a late model 77 series in as new condition. I want $100 for it. Rick
You can't beat this deal with a stick, jump on it while you still can before someone else does...

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Be careful "the garand guy" is not to be confused with the aforementioned , and much despised "garand guy".

I think there is a thread that explains which is which if you run a search.

·
Registered
20 Posts
CMP Forum for parts.. lots of folks just swapping out parts to put a correct rifle together.

may want to get pics and dimensions of the tab and piston to make sure you got a good one.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Kinda like buying a used tire that looks OK. I wouldn't shell out cash $ for any used op rod without mic'ing the tabs myself AND mounting same and cycling and tilt test to the receiver I intend to use it on. As far as what's been mentioned available, a 77 series SA or RA is worth checking out. Late production, unlikely much use, would be "correct" for any SA or WRA Garand still in service late '60's. I've used several 77 series op rods over the years, good fit, good service every one.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Avoid any of the used crapola op rods that S.A. Inc. is pushing, such as what they dumped out on a table at Camp Perry during the Nat' Matches.

Not sure about Fulton Armory's Garand stuff but it looks hellaciously pricey.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts