M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,627 Posts
HueyGunner,

Howdy neighbor (Pine Bush). Can you do the NM gas system...TIG welded? If not do you know someone who does them?

Regards, Dennis(NY).

· Registered
3,627 Posts
Jeff,

Actually, I am about 6 miles west of the village, up the mountain on 52.
My home sits on 13 acres of woods. I used to shoot right accross the street on my neighbors 30+ acres, till he sold it recently. I think to a developer :twisted:

I figure I coud SAFELY do a 75yd range on my prop.(Need to build-up a solid backstop). Been surveying it for the best location.

Re the gas system. No insult to your acpabilities, but I am still leaning towards the weld type. Why? To keep the spindle valve in working order.
Now this may be totally 'silly', because I do not fire blanks, or grenades, but I am still reading feedbacks on both types. If I decide to do the screw method,you will do them both. I have all new GI parts on hand.

Will you be at the Middletown show next weekend ??

Dennis(NY).

· Registered
3,627 Posts
8O 8O 8O WOHHHH, Please don't get me wrong. I said I DO NOT shoot blanks OR grenades....sssoo , no reason for a working spindle valve. But I would like my M!A as original as possible. Minor detail, I know.
Have you done the weld type in the past ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.