M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A friend found this ammo for me, he went to an estate sale. Amongst the gun goodies was a table full of this stuff at $5 a box, he went back the next day to check on a gun and this ammo was dropped to $2.50 a box. So he bought what was left for me. Yet they had boxes of surplus .45 acp at $20 a box from the 1960's. Lucky me.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,607 Posts
Yes, the Match grade military surplus ammunition from 1970 was a very good year.

Lake City, '70, [ LC Match ], Boxer, zero crimp with green primer sealant. MATCH LC year M 118

Review posts #108 & 313. http://m14forum.com/m14/7371-new-mexico-range-report.html

Now that is a great score for Match grade boxes still sealed up. Most Gun Shows or Gun Broker and other Internet sales start at 22-25$ a box. Lucky Man, enjoy them on the rifle range some day soon shuvelrider.

DI5

·
Rest in Peace
908 Posts
At $5 a carton it was a really good deal. At $2.50 it was highway robbery. I just recently picked up a couple of boxes @ $5.50 each and I almost wanted to kiss the guy - or buy him dinner. Almost.

The 1967 lots were some of the last really good M118. The 1970s lots were when quality began to fall off but it was still better than most guys can shoot. Good shooters like XXIV Corps makes all ammunition look good.

Ray

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,607 Posts
Thanks Ray, but I believe in only one thing... Practice, practice and some more practice tomorrow.

GI2

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Naw Mr. 4th, the estate sale was over in Grand Rapids, around the corner from the Walker Reserve Center where I work. The facility manager told me about the sale, but I was going on vacation at the time. He picked up a M1 carbine for $300, there was a Match grade Steyer FAL stg58 going for around 1200. I see you live in Muskegon, I'm around the corner in Norton Shores.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.