M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what Nat Ord came up with some years ago. Finally got her back together!GI7

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Very cool... did they do the conversion?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Very nice. A really clean conversion.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Sweet! that's definately a great looking weapon.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the thumbs up. Nat Ord.did the conversion, an M1 receiver with Win. serial numbers was used and rechambered to .308 Win..and all the other parts are SA. Anyone know what it may be worth....just wondering?GI7

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would say $400-500 .
National Ordnance is not held in very high reguard in the Garand community.
I would say to check it over real well to see if it is 2 pieces of scrap receiver welded back together. Lots of Nat Ord rifles were made this way.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Smith is talking about remaking the M14K. It uses a completely different gas system than that of the Garand. I heard through the grapevine that LaFrance Specialties might even start remaking the M14K. That would be cool to have one of each.
Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is definitely an un welded receiver. Thanks for the value estimate. Hope to fire it by the end of the year.

·
Registered
451 Posts
For a unwelded receiver it would be worth a bit more. Sounds like you have one of the good ones !
$700-900 would be more like it for one with a non reweld receiver .
Let us know how she shoots ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took her out the day after Christmas and hitting water bottles at 50 yards no problem. Next outing will have some targets to fine tune her. GI6

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me to!

Inherited what I thought was an M14/M1A rifle and was shopping for a new stock. I then realized the gas assembly was all wrong - then the research began. H&R bolt all the rest SA parts with the receiver an un welded SA that is difficult to make out, but does have The Natl Ord .308 stamped on the left side. All this to ask, should I be concerned with bullet type and powder loads like the M1 Garand?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts