M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been kicking the idea of installing a nm front only,on my M1a,as at 600m.+ the standard blocks alot of the target. Has anyone tried this or is it a waste without the smaller N.M aperature?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Pashaska,

A friend of mine prefers a thinner front sight for more precise aiming. It is not a quick to find in a rush compared to a wider front sight, but he does not seem to have a problem with his M1 Garand.

I think you will need to try it to see if it will work for you...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My rifle came with a NM front sight and I had trouble seeing it. I think if I had the standard width, I would have been happier with it. But this was with a regular non-hooded rear apeture, a hooded one would have made all the difference to me.

If you're going to go NM, you might as well do it on both ends, I say.

·
Registered
947 Posts
NM front sight is the same projected width as the black bullseye on NM targets making it easier to center under the bull. If you're a bull shooter (sorry, it just came blurting out!). Otherwise the standard front sight works better for me.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
545 Posts
Same here I have a NM front on my loaded M1A, have no problems acquire'n it , for me it gives me a better profile when I sight in on a target.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.