M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right all you M14 history buffs, I really need to know what this is, and where it came from.

The alignment lugs on the inside are squared off like those of a USGI flash hider.

Looking down the inside from the muzzle end it appears to be threaded on the inside.

There are twelve forward canted holes. Three each at 12 o’clock, 3 o’clock, 6 o’clock and 9 o’clock.

There are teeth, for lack of a better term around the front edge.

Any ideas?

Thanks, T

·
Registered
318 Posts
<speculation>
Part of a movie set blank firing adapter? Preserves the original appearance of the rifle without the obvious addition of a USGI blank adapter. The threads on the ID accomodate a plug to force gas out the remaining ports for flash effect.
</speculation>

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

Not sure where it came from it does not "ping" like a USGI flash hider.

It does look an awful lot like a FAL flash hider, it is a bit slimmer, might have been turned down on a lathe a bit.

You can see the tip of is a bit discolored. Heat treatment?

I’ll try and get some better pics to put up.

Thanks again, T

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Yep, that looks like a Belgian Flash Hider/Combo Device for the FAL. Someone modified it maybe for the M14/M1A?

Here is a pic of the Belgian FH/Combo Device from DSA's Website, it has the same type of slanted holes and the jagged front end.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Flashider

TB,
You and I shop at the same stores. I was told it was made that way to fit a FAL blank firing device or grenade launcher. My guess, it was modified to provide NATO compatablity. Didn't we give a bunch of M14's to some European countries? Maybe Dutchman2 can shed some light on this for us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.