M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would show my winter camo. Just some acrylic put on with a airbrush. Also, are all smith receivers stamped as M-14 or is it only Springfield that is stamped M1A?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Just thought I would show my winter camo. Just some acrylic put on with a airbrush. Also, are all smith receivers stamped as M-14 or is it only Springfield that is stamped M1A?
'M1A' is a registered Springfield trademark.....their marketing guys got there first, I guess.

·
Registered
325 Posts
'M1A' is a registered Springfield trademark.....their marketing guys got there first, I guess.
Didn't they create the designation "M1A" which is why they got there first?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Didn't they create the designation "M1A" which is why they got there first?
I've been told by a guy with a HUGE gun collection that another company out of Texas made the first "M1A" rifles (IOW semi-auto M14s), then sold the idea to SAI. Don't know if that first company came up with the name though.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice paint job Agriebel, that's one sweet looking bang stick. I like the way you didn't metlle with the metal, and limited the camo to the stock only.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I have a summer camo stock, USGI wood, and a match heavy wood stock also. I have a brown USGI that I haven't decided on a paint scheme for yet. Anybody know how many Forged Smith receivers were made?

·
Automatic Rifleman
585 Posts
Thanks, I have a summer camo stock, USGI wood, and a match heavy wood stock also. I have a brown USGI that I haven't decided on a paint scheme for yet. Anybody know how many Forged Smith receivers were made?
I don't know how many but mine is also a 0025XX... marked 'M14'.

Cheers,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts