M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i inspected it and found a loose op rod guide block. That fix is in the works. I added the national match op rod spring guide and the wolf xtra power spring for now till i get the tubbs springs. I checked the headspace with the 7,62nato and th 308win field headspace gauges and the bolt won't close on either one so its possibly the chamber is ok. I jut ordered the 308win go & no-go headspace gauges to check the headspace more to see if its good on the "go" gauge next. The bore looks great(chrome lined) and the receiver & bolt looks like it has very little wear if any. The park finish is still present like it was unshot or shot very little if that. With all that said did i miss anything else i can inspect on it to make sure its good to go?

The only thing i think i'm missing is the larger paddle mag release. But is there any other upgrade i can do to it? I have the USGI flashhider, the USGI sling, the stripper clips/guide and all the USGI cleaning stuff for the m14. Did i miss anything? Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.