SAI XD40
WASR 10/63
SAI M1A-A1 Bush rifle. (GI parts)
Custom build M14 Tanker

Just finished the two synthetic stocks recently on the 14's

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I've always had a fantasy about twins.......

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Deadly looking twins and friends.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I really like the twins. Speaking of which, I should gets some pics of my battle baby. Thanks for sharing.

sneaker

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here is a few more......

Note: I lined up both rifles as best I could to show the difference between the SEI GLFS-H/ Vortex DC FH, and the std castle nut fh/front sight

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all.

I'm headed downrange soon, and since I cant take um with me, I can at least have a few pics. Figured I would share them.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice lookin triplets Charlene. I have a third on the way, once I re-deploy.
Does your Aimpoint co-witness with the iron sights on your camo stock M14/M1A?

A "Tanker" build with an M14SA LRB receiver at her heart.

I got a thing for the short girls.......(LOL)

The WASR10/63 folder is my truck/beater/fun gun. I use the twins for everything else. ( Hunting/Walter Mitty....ie, any occasion/ target shooting, Appleseed, and our own little "2-gun" competion amongst freinds. The XD needed some work done to the bolt release, and trigger, but works as I want it to now.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
BTW..... I filled in the selector lever cut outs myself, and finished it up with Krylon BRN Camo spray paint. Black for the HG's.this is how it turned out..

Note: The stock mounted on the Norinco Tanker is one of the checkerless types.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
tell me more about your guns.......which do you like better? do you like the hooded front sight and vortex suppressor better? i noticed you have a mount on one. what kind of optic do you put on there? i was thinking about getting one of these "scout" models to put in my Vltor stock.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
tell me more about your guns.......which do you like better? do you like the hooded front sight and vortex suppressor better? i noticed you have a mount on one. what kind of optic do you put on there? i was thinking about getting one of these "scout" models to put in my Vltor stock.
The hooded GLFS works well for me in low light, and reflex type shooting, as it just seems to line up well with the rear sight aperture for me. The front sight post is well protected, and the difference in sight radius is not that much as compared to my M1A-A1. The difference in OAL......

After comparing both in low light, the Vortex does reduce the flash signature vs the std.
No bayonet lug, but my M1A-A1 doesnt have one either......although I have seen a few M14 types of this length sporting them. I replaced the pig sticker with this.......

My next build will sport the Vortex DC fh, and the dovetail version glfs.

I took the optic off of the rifle for now, as they were packed away in the safe until I get back.

Works well for hog hunting.I was striving for a very low profile set up, that keeps the optic as close to the rec as I could get it, without interferring with the rear sight..... and did not want to add much weight overall. Another optic I am looking into is a 2-7x33 Vortex Viper using their dead drop reticle. ( I'll most likely use it on the M1A-A1, along with the Bassett mount I use for it.)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice sticks! How are they in terms of accuracy and recoil?
Thanks. Felt recoil on either is not bad at all for me.

Accuracy is better than I originally assumed about the shorter bbl M14 types.

Both rifles seem to love FED OTM 168gr M5282, and will hold 1 inch groups consistently off the bench at 100yds.

I really like the Criterion 18.5in chrome lined bbl. ( M14S with ARMS mount). A few weeks before I headed downrange, I connected with a hog at 376 meters with this rifle.
My next rifle (LRB M14 Tanker build) will sport this same bbl.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts