M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my original stock from Springfield had heart wood at the butt and developed a crack before even shooting it. Kudo's to them, they said send it back. I was a little sad because the local gun store drooled all over it when it came in and said they had not seen such a pretty stock on an M1a.

Well let me tell you, the replacement made my jaw hit the floor! Problem is, I had to drop the trigger pack in way forward and then bring it backwards to seat. Now, I am afraid of breaking the trigger guard trying to get it out. I have read about inletting and wonder if I should have done that.

It functions perfectly and I can use a quarter (coin) to cover my groups
with Lake City milsurp. Haven't even used any match ammo yet. At 50 yards every shot touches.

Gun store says leave it alone. Pic of stock included.

·
Premium Member
16,543 Posts
Please don't mess with the stock. It will dry out shortly and things will loosten up. They all do.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
If you're grouping within a quarter, leave it alone and keep shooting it until it isn't. No matter what, waiting isn't going to hurt anything. I think that in the future you definitely want to make sure the trigger group is feeding into the spline path from the get go, but if it is working well now, I doubt you did anything apart from buggering some metal that is probably not critical, may make removal more difficult but not impossible, and can be stoned back for easier maintence... later.

Enjoy your rifle.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Take a look and see if the mag latch pin has shifted. That will prevent the T guard from opening fully which it must do to disengage the receiver.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Loving the pics. Do you know what type of barrel you have on that M21?

We need to get the dot game competition going again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts