M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Looks good, show us a target to show us how good she shoots.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
that is a top of the line set up! i have the exact same set up on my m1a standard except i have the mk4 2.5-8 power scope. very pro looking my friendGI1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is a top of the line set up! i have the exact same set up on my m1a standard except i have the mk4 2.5-8 power scope. very pro looking my friendGI1
Well thank you kindly. Can I ask you a question? Did you have to remove the rear aperture part of the sight to fit your scope? I did, and I think it's because of the lower profile of the ARMS mount. No biggie. I just keep it in the stock with the cleaning kit.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Excellent rifle. Years of enjoyment await.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Well thank you kindly. Can I ask you a question? Did you have to remove the rear aperture part of the sight to fit your scope? I did, and I think it's because of the lower profile of the ARMS mount. No biggie. I just keep it in the stock with the cleaning kit.

I have the same set up on two different rifles and I do not have to remove the rear site aperture. Move your scope a little to the rear and it will be just in front of the power selector ring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the suggestion but I tried that. It just didn't clear. I wondered if the rings were "low" but I was told Leupold Tactical Rings only come in "medium" or higher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts