M14 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I ruined a Criterion 16" with too much torque on the Delta-P. Had to replace the barrel and I was much more careful on the second attempt.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
What did you do differently? Take off material on the front to make it fit more easily?
The last one I did for a customer was about a year or so ago. He wasn't going to run it suppressed and it timed about 8 o'clock, I used blue and timed the gas ports in the correct location, if he was going to run it suppressed I would have removed some material for solid lock-up.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
The last one I did for a customer was about a year or so ago. He wasn't going to run it suppressed and it timed about 8 o'clock, I used blue and timed the gas ports in the correct location, if he was going to run it suppressed I would have removed some material for solid lock-up.
I am not visualizing correctly. Typically, at least in my thinking, you remove material from a gas lock when things are too tight, and you can't get to 6 o'clock with your fingers. I am missing something, or maybe I'm... I don't even know. :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am not visualizing correctly. Typically, at least in my thinking, you remove material from a gas lock when things are too tight, and you can't get to 6 o'clock with your fingers. I am missing something, or maybe I'm... I don't even know. :p
I believe you're on the right track, just different part. He's referring to the muzzle brakes ports being 3 and 9 o clock when timed properly. Since the customer didn't plan on removal he used a bit of grunt to get to proper time. Otherwise he would have removed material from the base of the brake to reach a better time without that extra oomf needed so removal for a suppressor install would be possible.....unless I'm riding that little bus with you and were both in lala land.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Visualize timing a MB on a 308, the Delta P is a 5/8x24 adapter. The Delta P threads on the barrel and the MB threads on the adapter the reference is timing the gas ports on the MB. I hope this provides some clarity.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Got the delta p and VG6 gamma on. Pretty easy deal, ended up taking material off the gas lock for proper timing which took a while but overall it's super easy, and pretty self explanatory.

Side note, out of curiosity, how tight is too tight for the adaptor on the barrel. I went hand tight with it than gave it less than a 1/4 snug with a wrench at most. Basically went until i could feel it stop on the barrel with the wrench and didn't force it any more than that.
20210226_185639.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

41 - 48 of 48 Posts