M14 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Art it is crucial, and proven to be a problem
So I finally got my shim kit in. Used the 2 thinnest shims to get the front band tightened up and timed to 530. I can see the problem/ gap referred to with the break and the crown but I'm still confused at the shimming between the break and barrel.....so I'm not gonna mess with it.

So instead of my messing with shims and stuff and potentially spacing the gas system out too much I'll keep it simple.

DOES THE DELTA P RECTIFY THIS?

In the advertisement/description it says that it registers against the face of the barrel. Has this been confirmed?

As of now this would be my last "bolt on" accurization without stepping into a new chassis. So it would be worth it to me.

You guys warned me, and I've slipped down the rabbit hole. This is a "down the road" mod so I'm just trying to plan my steps and document progress as I go while researching.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
So I finally got my shim kit in. Used the 2 thinnest shims to get the front band tightened up and timed to 530. I can see the problem/ gap referred to with the break and the crown but I'm still confused at the shimming between the break and barrel.....so I'm not gonna mess with it.

So instead of my messing with shims and stuff and potentially spacing the gas system out too much I'll keep it simple.

DOES THE DELTA P RECTIFY THIS?

In the advertisement/description it says that it registers against the face of the barrel. Has this been confirmed?

As of now this would be my last "bolt on" accurization without stepping into a new chassis. So it would be worth it to me.

You guys warned me, and I've slipped down the rabbit hole. This is a "down the road" mod so I'm just trying to plan my steps and document progress as I go while researching.

Yes, the Delta P adapter eliminates the gap, I use it and I like the results.

Reactions: hodgexj1996

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
After a bunch of reading, it looks like the Delta P is worth trying.
I also cleaned up my crown. Faced with a 0* cutter and finished with a light cutting at 11*

View attachment 444205
Sure wished that I had a lathe and a mill still. If our concern for that gap is correct then a bevel on the muzzle wont be helpful and would actually be harmful.

The theory is that a gap between the muzzle and any device attached to it can create a chamber where gasses will swirl and buffet the bullet. Therefore anything that creates a space between the muzzle and the device attached to it will be a problem. A tapered muzzle will create a small void in that area. I've never tested to see if that's true but when I cleaned my muzzle up I didn't taper the muzzle, I made it flat.

Reactions: MuppetMeat4Me

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Sure wished that I had a lathe and a mill still. If our concern for that gap is correct then a bevel on the muzzle wont be helpful and would actually be harmful.

The theory is that a gap between the muzzle and any device attached to it can create a chamber where gasses will swirl and buffet the bullet. Therefore anything that creates a space between the muzzle and the device attached to it will be a problem. A tapered muzzle will create a small void in that area. I've never tested to see if that's true but when I cleaned my muzzle up I didn't taper the muzzle, I made it flat.
When the part comes in, I’ll have to take some measurements. Looks like about 0.012 would make it flat again

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
I recommend trying the rifle first before you change the muzzle, if you get groups that you're happy with then don't change anything.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I recommend trying the rifle first before you change the muzzle, if you get groups that you're happy with then don't change anything.
Did you need any additional crush washer when you went to the VG6 Brake on the delta P or did it time properly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tagged for info.....
I have the Delta P and a VG6 Gamma coming. Tossed in a set of extra crush washers of varying thickness for $5 for a just in case. Like anything mechanical nothing is 100% identical so if rather not need them but have them on hand.

Primary Arms had the brake for a little cheaper than anywhere I could find, and ordered directly from Delta P. The Delta already shipped today.

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
Did you need any additional crush washer when you went to the VG6 Brake on the delta P or did it time properly.

No, I didn't add a crush washer but I did have to take a little material off of the face of the brake that contacts the Delta P adapter. I don't like to add any more parts than I need to. This is my Delta P adapter with a VG6 Epsilon brake.

·
Registered
141 Posts
No, I didn't add a crush washer but I did have to take a little material off of the face of the brake that contacts the Delta P adapter. I don't like to add any more parts than I need to. This is my Delta P adapter with a VG6 Epsilon brake.

View attachment 444274
Ok, thanks for the pic! I know they include a crush washer and saw it was recommended to have a few different ones on hand in case it times way off. Ill see how things look before I need with anything and likely report back. Doesn't appear you needed to remove much.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Ok, thanks for the pic! I know they include a crush washer and saw it was recommended to have a few different ones on hand in case it times way off. Ill see how things look before I need with anything and likely report back. Doesn't appear you needed to remove much.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
Whatever you do don't load the barrel when installing the vg6.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts