M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after about a year of the love hate relationship between my m1a and my wallet I finally have it set up the way I want. (kind of) Originally I planned on getting the Sage DCSB with an Aimpoint H2 micro and Eotech G33 magnifier for the optic set up but seeing as that would be over a thousand more for those I decided to see what I could do with what I already had. I already have a scope (Nikon Buckmaster... whoopee..) and an Armasight MCS that was just sitting around. I was looking around for a cantilever scope mount to make the eye relief less of an issue when I stumbled across the Burris P.E.P.R. mount. Designed for the AR15 but what caught my eye was the picatinny rail on top of the rings. I saw most people mounting on their ARs so it pushed the scope forward but I don't play by the rules... I mounted it so it set my scope further back. Mounted the red dot on top and it works like a charm. I have the cheek rest raised to the notch fourth from the top. It gives a nice cheek weld for the scope and a "chin" weld for the red dot. Not too much of a problem for me as I have a PS90 the requires the same "chin" weld. Overall pleased with how everything is holding up and how solid it all feels. Haven't taken it out to shoot yet but will post pictures when I do. Any suggestions for zero distance? Never ran a scope and red dot combo together so any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Welcome, you did better than me at my first attempt at posting pics! Looks like you have a good setup, how does it shoot? Do you have any black spray paint? 25 yards dead on will give you a useful rifle out to around 200 or so depending on the size or your target, and type of ammo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not shot it yet. Waiting for the weather to permit so I can shoot out to 300 yards. I originally had the white AFG and RVG for my at for its winter coat. Threw it on the m1a to help with carrying and shooting. My theory about it is it's already a heavy rifle. Instead of trying all these things to save weight why not embrace it and love it? She's a big heavy girl and needs lovin all the same :p

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Rifle looks good

What do you intend to do with it though? The EBR is a heavy platform more suited for use with a bipod in my mind. Looks like you got it ready as a door kicker right know which is fine. Just most people after shooting off hand with this heavy beast either change setup or get rid of the ebr.

Don't get me wrong I own a 18" mod 0 and have hunted with it too. Just not my first choice for off hand shooting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.