M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a bit here but never posted. I just wanted to share with you guys my nearly completed SOCOM 16. I have been working it in phases around my work schedule.

-Springfield SOCOM 16
-Magpul CRT Butt Stock w/ Magpul Cheek Riser
-Sage EBR
-Magpul AFG 2
-LaRue Tactical SPR/M4 EER Optic Mount
-Trijicon Accupoint TR24 (Red) 1-4x24

It's pretty much the love of my life right now! GI1

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Smile...."Your On Candid Camera"

When ya get a chance........we all would like to see a photo of her.GI2

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Glad to have you with us TacticalTurtle! I like the short barrel rifles also. Don't forget to leave money in the budget for the most expensive accessory, ammo! GI2

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, picture should be good to go now.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Very nice, indeed!

By chance, do you know how much that weighs as she sets?

'tactical turtle'... I don't care, that's FUNNY! GI6

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not have a weight on her yet I'll have to take it somewhere to weigh it. I imagine it's around 8 to 10 lb?

·
Registered
26 Posts
how is the Magpul AFG 2 working for you? i pick one up but its the first gen and it didn't fit so now i have to wate tell the shop get in the 2 gen and ill change it out. just wanted to know how it feels?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
That is a great build. How is the Trijicon sight working for you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how is the Magpul AFG 2 working for you? i pick one up but its the first gen and it didn't fit so now i have to wate tell the shop get in the 2 gen and ill change it out. just wanted to know how it feels?
The AFG 2 is amazing. I ordered it the first day it came out from the Magpul site. I was running the AFG on my AR15 and my work rifle and I did notice that it didn't quite work out. I was going to modify one until I heard about the AFG 2. The AFG 2 just slides on since it is a slim grip. I love it and I probably won't run anything else.

RET DEP 04 said:
That is a great build. How is the Trijicon sight working for you?
The Trijicon sight is very nice. I had some difficulties in zeroing it to the rifle and I attribute that to the fact that I was using some bad ammo. The store I usually get ammo from ran out of the good surplus. One thing I would get for the Accupoint is a tactical tail to quickly go from 1 to 4 zoom. The glass clarity is amazing and the tritium sight inside is nice and bright. Once I got it zeroed I was able to keep a group within 4" at 100m for reflexive fire.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Very nice outfit. Glad you got it set up the way you like. Looks like a real handy package.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks awesome.. I have a Socom II and was thinking of converting to the same stock. Hows does she shoot compaired to before the mods?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts