M14 Forum banner

My Sentiments Exactly !!!

967 6
Don't know how many of you have seen the movie "We Were Soldiers" but theres a statement not far from the beginning that kinda brought a big ole' grin to my face and the way I feel towards the Mattel Toy .....

Plumley was advising Moore with his thoughts about the new weapon being issued ... "Black plastic and looks like a BB gun" .....

I'll take the .308 any day of the week ... :wink:

Six
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,531 Posts
BB Guns...

Six:

I agree, it seems like that is one of the only lines I remembered from the movie. The movie, I thought, was great! :lol:

Did you see the thread in BR.com "A Real Grandpa". :evil: This person looks like he raised some eye brows with his comments about the M14/M1A rifle and proclamation of the M16 being the greatest and bestest.

Wow, what a joke. I didn't even participate. :twisted:

Take Care... Watch MORE MOVIES!!!

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

· Registered
3,531 Posts
Good Movie...

Hawk,

I loved the movie and do not know why it did not last too long at the theaters. Although I love DVD and VHS, occasionally I like to go to the theater with the super big screens.

I have almost all of Mel Gibson's epic (Braveheart, Patriot, etc.) dramas on DVD and just waiting for the chance to get this one.

I think maybe there's not enough appreciation for what was happening during the Viet Nam era. I'll bet it brings up some bitter thoughts from the vets.

Anyway, it was a good movie. Each time I see it, I see more things that I missed in the previous viewing.

Aloha,

Tom O.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.