M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Have you tried adding an elevated cheek rest for use with that optic? The difference is night and day.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I went the other way and converted my Bush rifle to a Scout rifle and am happy with it. I'm running a 2.75 Burris LER pistol scope. I also added a Choate folding stock and SEI CG muzzle brake. They are all fun! Enjoy.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I am considering for my Scout a Basset mount and a stock. I am considering either the VLTOR or the Blackfeather stock. I think I also like your set up with its simplicity.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Village, I would go with the black feather personally. The hybrid stocks out there are all lacking forend reinforcement as the are chopped gi stocks. If you're going to spend the scratch anyways, might as well cry once...
After tax season, I will have one.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am considering for my Scout a Basset mount and a stock. I am considering either the VLTOR or the Blackfeather stock. I think I also like your set up with its simplicity.

I highly recommend the Bassett mount. Easy on and off and fits great. I took the picatinny rail off and put on a standard upper hand guard

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,096 Posts
Nice re-do to the Scout, Benny! Trust me, you'll find another aspect of the rifle you want to change over time; they're rarely ever truly "done". Enjoy.
m14brian

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the finishing touch yesterday, coyote m1a cheek rest. 1 1/4" high. Prefect fit for my head! And the bassett low mount and low rings.
Dr. Says 4 more weeks before I can shoot! It's killing me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts