M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting the scope mount so graciously provided by usmcsgt0331, I installed it and my Weaver T10 on the rifle and zeroed it at 200 yards. I then did some testing with 169 gr. Sierra's with both 4064 and N140. Two of these loads looked good so I thought I would try them at 600 yards. The 4064 load was OK, but the N140 load was clearly better. I won't list the load here as that would be irresponsible, but I will post a picture of the shotmarker target with some explanation. Shot #S1 and S2 were cold bore sighters, Shot #2 was due to wind shift, #6 was called low. This is with the Remington factory barrel and shot prone with a sling. New Kreiger barrel is about 5 months out.

Computer Rectangle Slope Font Personal computer

·
Super Moderator
11,952 Posts
Few questions, factory trigger (old Remington or 40x), and what did you set the final the trigger pull weight at? What did you go with for barrel contour from Krieger?

For my last bolt gun build I’m going AMU and finish at 25in.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still waiting for the Kreiger barrel, but thought I would try it out at 1000 yards today. Didn't shoot a lot due to a practice day at the range and 2 team matches (Bridgeville R&P club) but managed to shoot 1-4 shot strings and 1-5 shot string. You have to look closely at the targets to find the last shots as the # flashes and if caught at the wrong time for a photo it's ghosted.

Product Font Rectangle Line Screenshot

Light Product Rectangle Slope Font

·
Super Moderator
11,952 Posts
I passed on my 5.56 project too Wes, I’m going in the 7.62 direction so I ordered my barrel from Bartline last week, should be here sometime this week I went 1/11 5R heavy varmint in SS. This being a prone build I wanted the extra few ounces of weight too help soak up the recoil.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts