M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shooting my M14/M1A's as far as they would go (1200+yards), I got the awful and expensive urge to get to a mile. Just got her last week.

Build by Phoenix Custom Rifles. Thanks Brad/Keith!
Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag. Badger bottom metal and Thruster brake. Bartlein barrel 1/10 25.5 in. McMillan A5. Custom cerakote. NF 20 MOA scope base.

Broke her in last week and today went to the range with new scope to zero. Non bullet holes from a idiot three lanes down hitting my target with dirt because of his sporadic shooting.

Five rounds, total of 23 fired from this rifle so far. Still getting to know her!
Mile......here I come!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a accuracy international AW, in 338 lapua, I kinda wish I wouldve went with the 300. Very nice rifle, good luck on the mile.
Thanks! Will have to wait and see but looking promising so far.

Man, I was looking at those AI's. Especially the AW, bomb-proof actions and nothing but good things said. Very envious!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I have a accuracy international AW, in 338 lapua, I kinda wish I wouldve went with the 300. Very nice rifle, good luck on the mile.
No worries man.
Whether .338 or .300, both are lovely projectiles. I wouldn't feel bad about getting the .338.
The .300 shoots a pinch flatter....but The .338 does have a bit more punch.
Don't feel that way my brother!

Dutch

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
im building a rifle right now. i was going to go with a douglas barrel in 300wm but after doing some reading and seeing that the 7mm rm actually performs better at longer ranges i went with that. but i still may get a 300 wm barrel since its a savage you can change out the barrel in a couple minutes or less.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a WInchester Model 70 (7mag) built by Phoenix Custom and its a laser. Most accurate rifle Ive ever shot by a long shot. (Pun intended)
Glad to hear she's a shooter.

I will keep everyone posted on the mile. I have a steel E style silhouette target I've been using for my shooting. 30"x18". Gonna look mighty small that far out.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Dude67 that is a good looking rig, should be fun going for a mile. Farthest I have shot has been 1000yds and I thought that was a hell of a poke. Good luck on your quest.

Reactions: Firedude67

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update

So I got the chance to go shoot to 1 mile and beyond the last two days. My 300 win mag did great and I finally achieved my goal. Multiple hits at 1795 and 1840 yards. It sure put a huge grin on my face!

Here are some photos from the range.

Great time with other great guys banging steel!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Congrats and it looked like you guys had a great time. That range is a heck of a set-up, would kill to have a place like that to shoot.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats and it looked like you guys had a great time. That range is a heck of a set-up, would kill to have a place like that to shoot.
We did have a great time. It is actually private land that has a range set up on it. Beautiful country!

·
Registered
486 Posts
That's a great looking rifle! Congratulations on reaching your goal!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts