M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been contemplating these past months about my next Sage EBR build and have decided to convert my Traditional Tiger stripe M1A (Named "Tiffany") rifle to a USCG EBR14 T configuration. After reading and coming up with all the commentaries about the USCG HITRON Unit this past month on my blog, I said to my self " I can do that with no problem." Although I am a traditionalists, I am lured and somewhat obligated to my passion about these Sage EBR's to make that change. I already have a Sage NSG (Navy Grey Seal) chassis that is waiting for such a build and I just gotta get a few more parts that I need to acquire and or is already coming in.

Here are two video links regarding the USCG EBR 14 T
USCG HITRON / M14 T EBR

USCG Sage EBRM14 T

Having "Tiffany" being a full 22" length M14/M1A rifle, the parts needed to make this project happen will be minimal and hopefully when sending her to my favorite Gun Smith, I will not be charged with a whole lot of $$ as well. Those main parts that I will be needing for the conversion are: 1) SEI U.S. Coast Guard Muzzle brake 2) XS Sight System EBR USN2 Hooded front sight 3) Hawks Dummy selector kit and other minor parts that I want to add to this unique project. That is why I opted for using "Tiffany" to make that transition. I was first planning to get her all dressed up on the other Sage USMC M39 EMR stock that I have but luckily I did not go that route in the beginning before I built her. I know I may be ahead of myself for mentioning this but I also am planning to build a clone United States Air Force PJ Sage EBR (MK14 Mod 0). That will most likely be my next project after the USCG EBR14 T for the fiscal year of 2011 if all goes as planned. Photo updates will be posted, but here are a few of them that I already have to share so far prior this change over.

Tiffany with all the completed parts necessary to completed a sage USMC M39 EMR at that time.
Good thing that did not happen but.......................

Then I decided to put her on a traditional Tiger Stripe Stock (Above).
"Sheba" is a Springfield Armory National Match(#NA9102) with pronounced Tiger stripes (Bottom).

Here you see are three Sage EBR Stocks waiting for such builds.
Sage USMC M39 EMR (Top)
Sage Mod 1 (Middle)
and soon to be the USCG EBRM14 T the Sage NSG (Bottom).

Future Project "USAF PJ Sage EBR" MK14 Mod O.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Solid decision, very solid.....Zip, that is just too cool....three EBR stocks in one picture....Now you are driving me nuts...

I noticed when Tiffany was undressed, she had a couple accessories that my Emma Sue would not mind borrowing for Saturday night....like the extra Gas Cylinder and Flash Suppressor....heh heh...DI2

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-819, were you a Coastie?
Negative there Bad Mojo. I am a civiian with an addiction to the M14/M1A Battle Rifle and a more so an enthusiasts towards the Sage EBR chassis. Also the other modern day M14/M1A rifle variants out there as well.GI1

·
Registered
867 Posts
Negative there Bad Mojo. I am a civiian with an addiction to the M14/M1A Battle Rifle and a more so an enthusiasts towards the Sage EBR chassis...
Yeah man, I can dig it. I think it's pretty cool actually. If I didn't have my buds up for a Troy MCS, I'd consider doing a replica as well. Afterall, when did the Coast Guard start getting cool gear? We didn't have anything cool when I left in '95. The Sage is pretty neat, but there's something about the MCS platform that I'm digging juuuust a little more - I think it's the Magpul PRS on the SASS.

Get it on! GI1

·
Registered
136 Posts
[FONT=Arialare: 1) [IMG]http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk390/M1A96819/64604_157344377622257_108939879129374_372832_2641872_n-1.jpg?a=99[/IMG]
Future Project "USAF PJ Sage EBR" MK14 Mod O.
Could you share some info on this pic? Barrel-18"?, front sight, scope and is that an SEI muzzle brakel?
I'm really liking that build. I've got my EBR stock ready to go too.

·
Registered
540 Posts
How in the heck did you get your hands on that XS hooded front sight?(jealous)i have been trying to get one of those for awhile.i keep calling XS and they tell me to just periodically check in with them as they have over runs sometimes.anyway very nice build,cant wait to see it all togetherGI6

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wazzup fortymikemike,

I called them directly mid October and then called the next month there after.

Here is a link for ya on the trek I encountered if ya have not seen it yet .DI5

XS EBR USN2

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More Info Needed

Could you share some info on this pic? Barrel-18"?, front sight, scope and is that an SEI muzzle brakel?
I'm really liking that build. I've got my EBR stock ready to go too.
Wazzup artemus,

I will post on whatever information I can gather from the photo and if there is anyone else out there, plz add on your info as well. GI2

For Starters:

Barrel: 18" (Manufacture Unknown)

Front Sight: XS Sight System EBR USN 2 #11-2166-580-1

Rear Sight: XS Sight System Ghost-Ring( Same as used in the Springfield Armory Socom II and 16). Not confirmed, but pretty positive from talking to a rep at XS.

Muzzle Brake: SEI
M14 Direct Connect (DC) Vortex Flash Eliminator

Scope Rings: Unknown

Gas Lock: SEI
GLFS-D-18 (Dovetail)

Scope: Most Positive a Leupy?

Sage International
M14SCSB for the stripper clip sight base

Bipod: Harris 6"-9" with adapter for the picatinny rail

Sling: I Forgot

Full Auto selector switch for continuous fire. You can use a Hawk Dummy kit for that.

Stock: Sage EBR NSGGI2

Did I miss anything?

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Ahhh haa hah ha Mistwolf...you ain't right buddy, you just ain't right...lol....

If you are member of the M14RA or other organization that is CMP approved, call them up and ask them to pick you one out of the pile and send to you that has striping...35 bucks...then strip all the G.I. gunk off it and refinish...I have seen and done some really nice ones. Hard to beat a birch for beauty when done properly....except with a tiger stripe walnut.GI1

·
Banned
253 Posts
Wazzup artemus,

I will post on whatever information I can gather from the photo and if there is anyone else out there, plz add on your info as well. GI2

For Starters:

Barrel: 18" (Manufacture Unknown)

Front Sight: XS Sight System EBR USN 2 #11-2166-580-1

Rear Sight: XS Sight System Ghost-Ring( Same as used in the Springfield Armory Socom II and 16). Not confirmed, but pretty positive from talking to a rep at XS.

Muzzle Brake: SEI
M14 Direct Connect (DC) Vortex Flash Eliminator

Scope Rings: Unknown

Gas Lock: SEI
GLFS-D-18 (Dovetail)

Scope: Most Positive a Leupy?

Sage International
M14SCSB for the stripper clip sight base

Bipod: Harris 6"-9" with adapter for the picatinny rail

Sling: I Forgot

Full Auto selector switch for continuous fire. You can use a Hawk Dummy kit for that.

Stock: Sage EBR NSGGI2

Did I miss anything?
That's quite a shopping list GI6

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Sling: Eagle Industries Mk14 EBR

Rings: Look like Badger Ordnance EBR Alloy rings.

M1A96819, what's the weight on the Mod 1 stock by itself?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
M1A96819, what's the weight on the Mod 1 stock by itself?

Sage EBR Mod 1 (Middle)

Aloha's NoExpert,

I was able to get to my brothers place and use his stand on digital scale and found out the weight of the Sage Mod 1 stock is about 3.8 lbs. give or take saying 4lbs.

Again the scale used is close but no cigar numbers and will update this info on the next post or so with a better scale to confirm.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wazzup artemus,

I will post on whatever information I can gather from the photo and if there is anyone else out there, plz add on your info as well. GI2...

...Did I miss anything?
Well done M1A96819. Thanks! I think this should keep me broke for awhile. This is great info. FRG1

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks like you are going to have a very Happy New Year GI1
Very much so there Sarah Conner. I Have recently contacted Mr. Ted Brown at Shooters Den and will be sending her this month for her new and final make over.GI2DI5

1 - 19 of 19 Posts