M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post up my favorite loadout.

Pretty much a M1967 MLCE loadout with a few exceptions.

M1967 Davis Pistol Belt [MEDIUM] NSN 8465-00-935-681 (Hard to see, but it's there, complete with Davis fasteners 60 dollar + collectible I know, but it's the belt I like best)
M1967 H suspenders NSN 8465-00-935-6830
M1967 1qt Canteen cover NSN 8465-00-860-0256 with 1969 canteen and 1965 cup
Two M1969 M16 30 round pouch NSN 8465-00-926-6610 (Yeah I know, more collectible grade stuff, but these will actually fit the 25 round CMI M14 mags! The Alice ones don't)
Nylon Duck M14 Magazine Pouch NSN 8465-00-860-0259 (yep, yet another collectible, LOL)
Alice Compass pouch 8465-00-935-6814 with USGI bandage
IFAK KIT (First Aid Kit) 6545-01-094-8412
3 day training butpack 8465-00-935-6825, Filled with mess kit, silverware, and other stuff.
M1956 E tool carrier 8465-00-542-5842 with M1967 E tool. (I prefer this E-tool carrier, and Yes I do carry the E-tool a lot, that dang thing is handy)
Mk3 Mod 0 knife and sheath 1095-00-391-1056 (prefer this Knife to any of the bayonets, this is one damn nice Knife!)
Extra M1956 compass pouch, for Carrying some extra Stripper clips with tracers.
M1 steel pot, one of the last made. Don't see them like this often.
Other stuff.

I have 7 mags, one in the rifle and six in the pouches. Two of the seven are 25 rounders kept in the front pouches. One 20 and one 25 in each. I know this stuff is a bunch of collectible stuff, but I just prefer the way it works. This stuff was made to use not baby.

Ohh yeah, the fake frags help balance out the heavy stuff in the back.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Awesome. How long did it take you to aquire all the items?
And,...you use it? Where? Just curious.
Great post. I cant say that enough.

Thanks,
Deuces

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use it for informal run and gun at a local club. We don't keep score just for fun.

I collecy this stuff, you should see all of it.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
That is soooo cool.

Deuces

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Offically, if you wanted smokes, you would have to remove a frag and put it there.

Unoffically the grunts would leave the smokes in the cardbord shipping tubes and lash them in where ever there was space, In around the butt pack or where ever

I don't have any smokes...

·
Registered
111 Posts
There happen to be a few omissions from your field gear. A gas mask, 200 rd belt for the machine gunner, two extra canteens, a Claymore mine, and half a case of C's or MRE's. Oh, and a signal panel. A spare battery for the radio would be authentic, and three pairs of socks will be nice to have. The Lt will want you to carry a smoke or two, and you will want a poncho liner for yourself. Heavy, ain't it? Regards, Clark

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Museum maybe, but I'm sure still very very functional with the exception of the steel pot. Just replace with a modern helmet.
Some Model T's are still very very functional too.
It wasn't meant as a criticism, it was meant as a compliment. GI2

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There happen to be a few omissions from your field gear. A gas mask, 200 rd belt for the machine gunner, two extra canteens, a Claymore mine, and half a case of C's or MRE's. Oh, and a signal panel. A spare battery for the radio would be authentic, and three pairs of socks will be nice to have. The Lt will want you to carry a smoke or two, and you will want a poncho liner for yourself. Heavy, ain't it? Regards, Clark
Got all that and more for multiple timeframe just not displayed

Signal pannels or I have the ms-2000
2qts 1qts both arctic types
Enough mres fot 2 months
I have a whole prc-77
Etc

I lost count of the plastic tubs I have

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Move the Etool to your pack and put another 1qt canteen where its at. My Etool always rode on the pack (with the 2 qt on the opposite side) since 1987 until 2011, by SOP. And this was in several units and 2 different branches.

In the PI we carried 4x 1qt canteens on the belt and buttpack and 2x 2qts on our packs, with 2x 5 gallon jugs extra per squad.

Yes, you really want that poncho liner handy.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nor can you use it as a little sink to shave and wash up in. GI1

Rich
Can't argue it's use as a emergency container

Besides..... kevlar breaks down with age. So all that PASGT stuff isn't working as well as it used to be. Steel pot? Still good.

Somewhere around here I have the "Kent State Special". It's the RIOT facemask that fits on the front of the Steel pot. man you should see half the stuff I have!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts